Artist/Skill Share in Residency
Seeking resident artists for 4-6 week stays for 2017.
Small bedroom with bed
Shared bathroom, kitchen, living room, porch
Amenities: heat/AC, wi-fi, washing machine
Farm fresh produce and bulk dry goods (rice, oats, beans, flour, etc)
Access to tools/equipment and small shop space (if you are previously trained)
Basic shop tools
Help, suggestions and introductions to connect with the local community
Stipend, to be determined
Transportation to and from airport/bus station
RESIDENTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO
Document their work during the residency
Show their work
Organize an event (for example: DIY art, poetry or music show, album/book/zine/print release)
RESIDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR
Bringing their own materials
Proper farming attire
15 hrs/farm labor per week
- Planting, weeding, harvesting, etc.
- Variable weather (hot, cold, windy, rainy, did we mention hot?)
One or several small projects using their art/skill for farm beautification or improvement
Personal expenses (travel, insurance, entertainment)
Cooking their own meals
Keeping their area and common areas clean and tidy
1. Send a brief artist's statement explaining what materials you use, who your work is intended for, and what themes, concepts and parameters inform your work.
2. A description of work or project intended to complete during the residency
3. Send media samples of your work including links to your work online.
4. List 2 references with their name, relationship to you, and contact information
To apply or for further questions please e-mail: email@example.com